Drawings by Rebecca Savage

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Visit to Coleton Fishacre


 When the opportunity arises and my weekends are not filled with work, jobs or other commitments one of my favourite activities has got to be exploring a new National Trust property. I like to think its my interest in history that draws me to these places - or perhaps its just inherent nosiness on my part but something about the beautiful buildings, stunning decor and often quite fabulous stories keeps me coming back. So it was with great excitement that I accompanied my family on a trip to Coleton Fishacre at the weekend.




With its fabulous art deco and arts and crafts interiors and stunning views of the sea, both within and outside the property, it is perhaps one of my favourite houses to date. The hall carpets had me at hello and I admit I did find myself gazing wistfully out of the window, Mrs Dewinter style, in the library - that is until I was gently but firmly ushered along by the rest of my group. Despite the old light and lack of flash - gotta protect those old interiors - I did manage to snap a couple of images for you all to see and if you want to learn more, the national trust website as always is a mine of information.



4 comments:

  1. You are nominated! http://chicandpure.blogspot.be/2014/05/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm very flattered.

      Delete
  2. beautiful images!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/
    instagram.com/gracenjio

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...